Monday, November 26, 2012

::So Yummy

I was looking for a new recipe for a wild turkey my husband had shot recently.  I came across this one which I believe was posted on the Bass Pro Shop website. We tried it and it turned out awesome! It will definitely be a repeat at our house. 

Grilled Marinated Turkey Breasts

Boneless breast meat from one wild turkey
2/3 cup soy sauce
1cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Lawrey's Seasoning Salt
Adolph's Meat Tenderizer (I didn't have so I omitted it)

Slice the breast meat lengthwise to create fillets that are about 1/2 inch thick.  Make a marinade by combining the soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, honey and garlic in a mixing bowl.  Sprinkle the fillets with the seasoning salt and meat tenderizer, then transfer the meat to a zip-seal plastic freezer bag.  Pour the marinade into the bag with the turkey and seal.  Turn to coat all the pieces of meat, and refrigerate for 24 hours.  Remove the fillets from the marinade, drain and grill over medium-hot fire for approximately 10 minutes per side or until done to taste. Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan - Thanks for posting this...I will definitely give this a try. Always looking for different ways to cook up our wild turkeys!

    ReplyDelete